Asian Conference on Fish Models for Infectious Diseases
January 30 – February 2, 2023
Borobudur Yogyakarta Indonesia
Terms and Conditions
Asian Conference on Fish Models for Infectious Diseases 2023
– Infectious Diseases and Diabetes Society Foundation –
Article 1. General
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to:
a. every person registering as a(n):
– Academic Delegate,
– Industry Delegate,
– Student Delegate,
– Accompagning person,
(hereafter referred to as “Registrant(s)”),
c. sponsors, and
for the Asian Conference on Fish Models for Infectious Diseases 2023, to be held in Borobudur/Yogyakarta, Indonesia from January 30 – February 2, 2023 (hereafter referred to as “the Conference”), organized by the Infectious Diseases and Diabetes Society (hereafter referred to as “IDDS”), a foundation by the Law of The Netherlands.
2. All references to a date or a deadline, mentioned in these Terms and Conditions and on other conference documents, refer to the time zone of Yogyakarta, Indonesia (UTC+7).
Article 2. Registration and Payment
1. Submission of an online registration is regarded as a firm booking and acceptance of these terms and Conditions, however the booking will not be confirmed until full payment has been received.
2. Registrants must pay immediately upon registration via credit card or Apple Pay.
3. Conference registrations will not be confirmed until the completed registration form and the payment in full is received and processed by IDDS. Access to the Conference will not be permitted if full payment has not been received.
4. If a registration is accepted, a confirmation email will be to the Registrant.
5. Registrants should obtain confirmation from the IDDS before making travel arrangements.
6. Early Bird Rate: in order to qualify for any “early bird” rates, booking and payment must be received before the deadline date listed on the website www.fish-models.com.
7. After a Registrant’s registration is completed, IDDS reserves the right to review the information provided by the Registrant and adjust the registration ticket type and fee if it is found that the information provided by the Registrant has been misrepresented, false or incorrect. Any adjustment to fees will be charged directly to the payment method on file.
Article 3. Travel expenses, visa costs and lodging arrangements
1. Accommodation costs are not included in the Conference registration fee.
2. Registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors are responsible for their own visa costs, travel expenses and their own lodging arrangements.
Article 4. Cancellation
1. If circumstances change and a Registrant can no longer attend the Conference, the Registrant may cancel his registration by providing written notice to the Conference Secretariat:
2. The percentage of refund will be 80% of the paid Conference registration fee for cancellation on or before October 1, 2022, minus the costs of the financial transaction fees. Cancellations received after October 1, 2022 will not be refunded.
3. If a Registrant does not cancel and fails to attend the Conference, this will be treated as a cancellation and no refund or credit will be issued.
4. Substitutions may be made at any time. If a Registrant wish to substitute a participant, please contact the Conference Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 5. Electable Program
1. The registration fee does not include the electable program.
2. The Registrant can register for one or more of these programs during the conference. The Registrant must pay separately for these activities.
3. The registration and organization of the electable program is done by an external organization.
Article 6. Speakers
1. Views expressed by speakers are their own. IDDS is not liable for advice given, or views expressed, by any Speaker at the Conference or in any material provided to the Registrants.
2. IDDS may use the Speaker’s name and presentation materials for promoting attendance at the Conference. Presentations and papers including all associated artwork and illustrations will not be returned unless specifically requested by the author. The papers must be objective and completely free of advertising and commercialism.
3. IDDS may audio and/or video tape the Speaker’s session and the recording may be reproduced. IDDS may reproduce copies of the speaker’s presentation (eg. PowerPoint slides or supporting handouts) on paper and/or electronically and these may be sold as part of the overall hand-out materials during the Conference and after the event.
Any acknowledgement regarding copyright or support should be included at the end of the abstract/presentation, as these will be distributed to the delegates. Speakers who do not wish to give permission for the above terms and conditions should contact Conference Secretariat: (email@example.com) before the commencement of the Conference.
Article 7. Photographs, Publicity Material, Video, And Print Media
IDDS reserves the right to use any photographs, recordings, electronic images, or other publicity material obtained in the Conference. IDDS has the right to include photos and videos of Registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors for marketing and publicity without compensation.
Article 8. Admittance
In its sole discretion and without refund, IDDS reserves the right to refuse admittance to or expel from the Conference anyone that it determines is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the conference or any other Registrant, Speaker or Sponsor.
Article 9. Special requirements
Registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors should inform the Conference Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) if he/she has special requirements due to a disability, food restrictions/allergies or something else we should know.
Article 10. Travel-Health Insurance
1. Registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors are responsible for taking out appropriate insurance coverage in connection with their attendance at the Conference. When the Registrant, speaker, sponsor or exhibitors is travelling from outside Indonesia, appropriate travel insurance should be purchased independently and in advance of any travel or travel bookings.
2. Registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors are required to have health insurance to cover any medical costs they may incur during their stay. ISSD will not cover any of these costs. IDDS strongly advises Registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors to take out a health insurance policy before arriving in Indonesia.
Article 11. Visa Requirements / Invitation Letter
It is the Registrant’s, speaker’, sponsor’s and exhibitor’s sole responsibility to take care of visa requirements. If a Registrant, speaker, sponsor or exhibitors require an entry visa, the Registrant, speaker, sponsor and exhibitors must allow sufficient time for the visa application procedure. The registration details might be shared with the immigration authorities to assist in the immigration process. However, IDDS will not contact embassies and consulates on behalf of the Registrant, speaker, sponsor or exhibitors. To receive an invitation letter for the Conference, the Registrant must first register and pay the registration fees in full. To request an invitation letter, please contact the Conference Secretariat: email@example.com.
Article 12. Disclaimer
1. IDDS may at any time, with or without giving notice, in its absolute discretion and without giving any reason, change, modify the program, cancel or postpone the Conference, change its venue or any of the other published particulars, change the character of the Conference from physical to virtual or withdraw any invitation to attend. In any case, neither IDDS nor any of its officers, employees, agents, members or representatives shall be liable for any loss, liability, damage or expense suffered or incurred by any person, nor will they return any money paid to them in connection with the Conference.
2. In case of cancellation definitely by IDDS according to this article and subject to the provisions of article 13, IDDS will refund the paid Conference fee to the Registrant, minus the costs of the financial transaction fees.
Article 13. Force Majeure
1. Neither IDDS nor any of its officers, employees, agents, members or representatives shall be held responsible for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations hereunder to the extent such delay or failure is caused by fire, flood, strike, civil, governmental or military authority, acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of war, epidemics, pandemics, the availability of the venue. For one or more of such reasons, IDDS may postpone, reschedule or cancel the Conference without liability on the part of IDDS and any of its officers, employees, agents, members or representatives. In the event the Conference cannot be held or is postponed pursuant to this section, IDDS and any of its officers, employees, agents, members or representatives shall not be liable to Registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodations costs or financial losses.
Article 14. Privacy Statement
The Privacy Statement of IDDS are an integral part of these general Terms and Conditions:
Article 15. Liability
IDDS and any of its officers, employees, agents, members or representatives, its local organizers shall never be liable to Registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors for any damages, health issues, personal injuries, costs, or losses incurred.
Article 16. Final
1. IDDS reserve the right at all time to change, amend, add or remove any of the above Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
2. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms and Conditions should be or become invalid, the remaining conditions will continue to be valid and apply.
Article 17. Law and Jurisdiction
1. These Terms and Conditions are governed by Dutch Law.
2. In the event of any legal claims arising from either party, The Hague, The Netherlands shall be the sole court of jurisdiction.
Version April 2022
Download the PDF-version